If your son would like to join the game club, please select the number of boys you’re signing up in the booking section. In the Details field, please add full names and ages of each boy you are signing up.
10:00-10:15 – a little get to know you game to help remember names, etc. (we might do away with this after a few weeks)
10:15–11:30 – board games
11:30–11:40 – pickup
11:40–12:00 – free play (either backyard (trampoline, playground) or foosball or something downstairs
12:00 – pass out any shared treats and head home
Boys Club Rules
- There is NO cost for the club.
- Please check your email regularly, particularly on Friday mornings. I plan to hold the club every Friday when the Alpine School District is in session, at least through this semester and probably for the year. But I might get sick or my kids might get sick or we might, on occasion, have something that will conflict with the club time.I will always try to let you know early, but if someone wakes up sick, I can only inform you as soon as I know. So please check Friday mornings to make sure your trip is not wasted and you are not aggravated.
- Please ask your boys to be respectful of our property and of me.
- Boys can bring games and we might be able to incorporate them. (Long, drawn out games probably won’t work. We also have to consider the number of people who attend on a given week.)
- Boys can bring a treat to share. We will pass it out at the end. If no one chooses to bring a treat, we won’t have one, so tell them they should not expect to be fed.
- Moms are welcome (but not required) to stay and are particularly welcome if you think your son will do better with you around. I ask a few things, if you do choose to stay:
- Please keep focused on the boys. Sometimes moms start talking and let everything else go, but I really want this to be a boy-centric time. The last 20 minutes will be a free play time, but for the first 100 minutes, I don’t want the room to be filled with moms chatting with each other. Rather boys interacting with each other.
- Sometimes it might be helpful for moms to join in a game (odd number of kids, child who needs direction, etc.), but most of the time, let’s let the boys play with each other and just be mediators.
- Because we are trying to have a group with similar abilities/interests, we are sticking to the 10-14 year old age range.
- If you have children not in the club, please don’t bring them to the club meetings. We want to maintain focus on the boys in the club. I don’t have the wherewithal to manage, provide for, monitor, or clean up after younger siblings, and I’d prefer not to have older siblings around because even when they are “studying” in the other room, they tend to get distracted and either join in or start bossing the younger kids. So let’s keep it to just the boys in the club.
- Please pick up your boys on time (at noon). We have other obligations soon after and need to prepare for them.
- The club will be limited to no more than 15 boys so they can really get to know one another and form friendships.